If you have one on our Zyxel VMG3925 dual-band DSL routers, here is how you can edit the wireless settings:
- Open your browser and go to “http://192.168.1.1”
- Login as “user”with password: lmi1234
- Hover your mouse over the the “Network Settings” icon at the bottom of the page, then select “Wireless” from the menu that pops up.
- This router has 2 seperate wireless bands.. 2.4Ghz and 5GHz. If you device supports 802.11ac, we recommend using the 5GHz band. The network name for each band has to be setup – use the “Band” pull-down menu to select. We suggest just appending “-5g” to the 5GHz network name (SSID) so you can identify it.
- Below the Network name, you will see the security settings. We recommend usingh the “WPA2-PSK” mode. If you click the “password unmask” checkbox you can see and edit the wireless password. You can use the same password for the 2.4 and 5GHz networks.
- Click the “Apply” button
Some people want to setup a guest network with a different password that they can give out to guests. This password can be changed periodically without needing to change your primary network password. If you want to enable Guess access, click the “Guest/More AP” tab at the top of the page, then click the Modify button to the right of one of the 3 available guest networks.
For more information, refer to the Zyxel VMG3925 User Guide